Acceptable Usage Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Complete Digital Solutions, LLC, also known as EpicHoster.com (or “EpicHoster”). If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document EpicHoster may suspend or terminate your account.
EpicHoster’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for EpicHoster Services is designed to help protect EpicHoster, EpicHoster’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by EpicHoster. EpicHoster reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at https://www.epichoster.com/aup/.
Prohibited Uses of EpicHoster Systems and Services:
You may not use the Services to publish content or engage in activity that is illegal under applicable law, that is harmful to others, or that would subject EpicHoster to liability, including, without limitation, in connection with any of the following, each of which is prohibited under this AUP:
- Excessive resource, CPU and RAM, abuse causing degradation of server performance.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Promoting or facilitating prostitution or sex trafficking.
- Hosting, distributing, or linking to pornographic material, nudity, child pornography, escort listings, or escort services.
- Hosting, distributing or linking to child sexual abuse material (CSAM) or content that is harmful to minors (CSAM will be suspended immediately without notice and reported to law enforcement or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through EpicHoster’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on EpicHoster’s servers, is prohibited. EpicHoster accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Bulk email blasts or newlsetters, that exceed the hourly email limits, from EpicHoster’s servers is prohibited.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by EpicHoster customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any EpicHoster-hosted domain, or referencing any EpicHoster account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any EpicHoster customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the EpicHoster network or on another provider’s network.
- URL shortener or link shortening services or scripts.
- File storage/mass storage of backups, archives, videos, and large media.
- Pharmacy sites listing off-brand, over the counter, or prescription medications.
- Warez sites related to sharing or distributing cracks, hacks, keygens, serial keys, and other pirated or nulled software and scripts.
- Peer to peer file sharing services or platforms.
- Investment, pay day, multi-level marketing (MLM), pyramid scheme, and high-yield interest programs (HYIPs).
- Cryptocurrency mining including Bitcoin and any alternative “alt” coins.
- Using EpicHoster’s Services to interfere with the use of the EpicHoster network by other customers or authorized users.
- Any other material EpicHoster judges to be threatening or obscene.
Shared resources, such as Central Processing Unit (CPU) and memory (RAM), may not be abused while using EpicHoster’s Services. High CPU and RAM usage may lead to the suspension of your account if it causes degradation of or interferes with other customers. You acknowledge that you or your end users will not excessively use the available server resources. EpicHoster, at our sole discretion, may suspend any account without prior warning for excessive consumption of the server resources.
Resource Usage: WordPress
WordPress is a popular content management system that utilizes plugins to enhance or add functionality of WordPress. EpicHoster has identified many plugins to cause high resource usage on accounts. Please refer to our list of WordPress plugins EpicHoster has identified contributing to high resource usage.
Other Restrictions on Resource Usage
Without limitation to the foregoing provisions, each customer’s usage shall not exceed:
- 5% Memory Usage or 512MB Memory
- 50 Concurrent Running Processes
- 3 Minute Max Execution Time
- 150,000 Total Inodes
- 30 Outgoing Email Limit Per Hour (every 60 minutes). Excesses messages are discarded and not delivered.
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each EpicHoster customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from EpicHoster, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an EpicHoster customer will be forwarded to the EpicHoster customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the EpicHoster Acceptable Use Policy occur, EpicHoster reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating EpicHoster’s AUP as EpicHoster deems appropriate, without notice.
DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
EpicHoster responds to valid notices of alleged copyright infringement. Copyright complaints are handled pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Complaints that do not comply with the DMCA will not be processed. You are required to comply with the DMCA in using EpicHoster’s Services, and presenting copyright complaints.
You may send your Notice of Claimed Infringement to:
Please do not send other inquires or information to our Designated Agent.
NOTICE AND TAKE DOWN PROCEDURES
EpicHoster.com reserves the right at any time to implement a ‘notice and take-down’ procedure upon receipt of any notification of claimed infringement. EpicHoster.com reserves the right at any time to disable access to, or remove any material or activity accessible on or from any site or any materials claimed to be infringing or based on facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.